Wednesday, June 23, 2010

25 of my Favorite Things


When I was in high school, I was in the school production of the musical, "The Sound of Music". One song had the line, "these are a few of my favorite things" which listed a long line of favorite things. I had that song in my head for some reason tonight, so thought I would give you an example of 25 things I'd have named if I had to make such a list.
1) the smell of Lilacs in bloom
2) the beach by moonlight
3) a fresh word from the Lord
4) poetry that is phrased just right
5) well written literature
6) a good turn of phrase/ puns
7) the fresh smell of clothes from the clothesline
8) the calming sound of a babbling brook over rocks
9) the happy laughter/squeels of children
10) a manly man......
11) melodious guitar music
12) A day to myself with no obligations
13) long scenic drives /exploring unknown roads
14) the majesty of mountains
15) waterfalls
16) Warm tomatoes fresh off the vine
17) The softness of cashmere & fluid flow of silk
18) The sweet smell of freshly mowed grass & wood smoke
19) The colors blue and green
20) a hot cup of Earl Grey tea with honey
21) footrubs & backrubs
22) intellectually stimulating conversations /documentaries
23) the hush and beauty of the silence after a newly fallen snow
24) sleeping until I'm no longer tired/waking rested
25) A long road trip alone--at my own pace--singing along with the radio...

What are your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment