Saturday, January 2, 2010

Exercising 101


Today was the first day of our family-wide Biggest Loser contest. I didn't think I had any time to exercise today because I had things already preplanned. However when all was said & done I feel like I burned a TON of calories---Here was my day:

Got to bed around 12:30am, then got up at 6:45. Made my bed, dressed, threw a load of laundry in, then left the house by 7:45 to drive my car about 1/4 mile up the road to drop it off for oil change and inspection as the Check Engine Light was on. Walked home from the car dealer.

Put away the dry dishes, washed a sink load of several day-old dirty dishes, Started stew in the crock pot, did another load of dishes from the stew prep. Cleaned out my refrigerator. Did another load of dishes from all the leftovers that I either used up or tossed. Took out 2 bags of trash. Shoveled a foot of snow from my driveway, walkway, steps, etc. Packed up all my tapes, CDs and alot of other misc items from a large cabinet and a bookshelf in my living room that I had some men coming by today to help me move. (5-6 boxes worth of items.) Threw the laundry in the dryer, folded another previous large load of laundry and put it away. Noticed I have very little oil left, so notified the oil co. to deliver right away Monday am. Changed all the calanders in my house for the New Year. Moved items from one bedroom to another to make room for the furniture the men were going to be moving upstairs. Walked back to the car dealer to get my vehicle-(PTL--only 73.00 to diagnose it and change the oil--and it is only going to cost 180.00 more for parts and labor to fix next Friday--some kind of emissions item needed repair) Drove home. Then had to carry all the boxes (5-6) of heavy books and music items I'd packed upstairs. Took a hot shower, and changed out of my grubby clothes. My friends arrived, and moved the furniture upstairs. After they left, I dusted, dry mopped the hardwood floors, and vacuumed the carpets. Ran to the hardware store to get itmes I needed for several more household projects. Came home and finally sat down and enjoyed the delicious stew I'd made (if I do say so myself..) Got online to check email/ facebook accts and write a blog. I will leave the rearranging of the items in the spare bedroom on the shelves to another day, as I need to sit down tonight and pay some bills, and write my thank you notes for Christmas items I received.

The space I cleared in the living room was set aside so I'll have room to put a treadmill there once I find a good deal.....because I don't get enough exercise???? Ha ha.....It was a productive day, but I had no time to 'exercise' as I 'should'....

No comments:

Post a Comment